The Surrounding Area
The Hotel Continentale Rome is situated just 200 metres from the B-Line Metro Station of Castro Prettorio and just 10 minutes from the transport hub of Termini Station. This means that within moments, guests to the Hotel Continentale can reach all of the major tourist attractions with the minimum of hassle. For example, from Castro Prettorio, the awe inspiring Coliseum and ancient Imperial Roman Forum are just 3 stops away (around 5 minutes) and Circus Maximus is the stop after that.
From Termini Station guests have access to both underground metro lines and so are also just moments away from the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo and Villa Borghese, St Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
Nevertheless, the central location of Hotel Continentale mean that guests can even walk to many tourist destinations including the Opera House, the Trevi Fountain, the boutiques of Monti and the breath-taking Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. There are also no shortages of restaurants, bars, shops and museums to see around our hotel and we literally have everything you need on our doorstep. Take a glance below at how central we really are…
Piazza Repubblica, the Basilica of St Maria deiAngeli, the Opera House (1 stop on Line A or walking distance)
- The Trevi Fountain (2 stopson Line A or walking distance)
- The Spanish Steps (3 stops on Line A)
- The papal Basilica of St John Lateran (3 stops on Line A)
- Piazza del Popolo and the lush Villa Borghese park with its statues, fountains, galleries and boating lake (4 stops on Line A)
- The Basilica of St John Lateran, the Holy Steps (4 stops)
- The Basilica of St Peter, the Vatican Museums & the Sistine Chapel (6 stops)
- The trendy district of Monti (1 stop on Line B or walking distance)
- The ancient Coliseum, the Imperial Roman Forum, the Capitoline Hill and Piazza Venezia (2 stops on Line B or walking distance)
- Circus Maximus (3 stops on Line B)
- The clubs and bars of Testaccio (4 stops on Line B)
- The awesome Basilica of St Paul (6 stops on Line B).
From Termini Station:
Hotel Continentale Rome is located within a 10 minutes’ walk of Termini train station.Exit the train station by track 1, walk straight for four blocks along Via Solferino and turn right onto Via Palestro. We are at number 49.
From Ciampino Airport:
Take the Terravision bus shuttle for 8 Euros. The bus will stop on Via Marsala at Termini Stations then simply follow the directions ‘From Termini Station’ above.
Alternatively one can take the blue Cotral Bus service that connects Ciampino Airport to the Anagnina Metro A (underground) station. Tickets can be purchased at the vending machines located at the bus stop or inside the airport. Once you arrive at Anagnina, buy a metro ticket and get off at Termini (about the 15th stop). Then follow the directions ‘From Termini Station’ above.
From Fiumicino Airport located 30 km west from the centre of the city, it is possible to reach the hotel
by a daily Express Train – in the airport follow the signs that read ‘aitreni’ and take the Leonardo Express to Termini station. This departs every half hour (first departure at 6.37 last-23.37) and takes about 30 minutes and is direct. Tickets currently cost € 14per person with a discount for those under the age of 12 when accompanied by an adult. You can buy tickets from either the ticket window, the vending machines, or the tobacco store near the tracks. Then follow the directions ‘From Termini Station’ above.
- Bus Shuttle, leaving every 30 minutes and stopping at Termini Station then follow the directions ‘From Termini Station’ above. Ticket prices vary but should be less than 8 euros
- Taxis are available at the airport. Please be sure to take an official white taxi which has the prices from the airports printed on the side.